Service area: Housing. Your options.

If your income is not enough, the state can help you pay your rent. Many social benefits already include arrangements to cover rental costs. However, even if you have not yet applied for any other social benefits, you can receive financial assistance for rental costs due to your low income.

Housing benefit (Wohngeld)

Arbeitslosengeld I

In the event that you earn too little to pay for your apartment, you can apply for housing benefit.

Continue reading

Social housing eligibility certificate (WBS)


If you are on a low income and are looking for social housing, you can apply for a social housing eligibility certificate (Wohnberechtigungsschein or WBS).

Continue reading